Barn Quilt Class
The Marshall County Fair’s judging for this class will be people’s choice. The winning entry will go to the State Fair to be judged. The champion barn quilt will be permanently displayed at the state fairgrounds, with credit given to the creator. The barn quilt will become the property of the State Fair.
- Must be a 2×2-foot square and cannot be on point (diamond shaped).
- Must be prepared for hanging. Entrant must supply hooks — one cup hooks or “j” hooks 2 inches from the top two edges. Entrant is responsible for using the correct size hooks according to weight
- Must be on 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch-thick exterior durable material.
- Use MDO (medium density overlay) board.
- Prime board with two coats of primer.
- Use latex enamel paint
- Original designs are encouraged. If copied, credit should be given.
Information is available by calling 785-268-0578